Thursday, May 24, 2012

Service (May, 2012) - Library Service - *The End*

Library Service has been a fun and rigorous service activity for me this year. Many feel that stacking books and arranging them properly is an easy task. However, my feeling is that such thoughts cannot be changed unless the people experience the activity themselves, i.e. you don't know until you do it yourself. It should be known to all that correctly organizing and arranging all the books in the Secondary Learning Resource Center (SLRC) is a team task requiring both focus as well as physical stamina.

This service program has been a fun and useful period during which me and my peers have contributed to the school community. This is a matter of global importance with positive ethical implications as a Library plays a key role in providing knowledge from all spheres to students as well as non-students in the community. Thus, the maintainance of a library, i.e. the role of a 'Guardian of the Library', is taken very seriously by me.

I have attended all activity sessions punctually and am very happy with the progress that our group made. As a co-leader this month, I have been able to take responsibility for completing specific tasks planned by me and my partner Humza, and thus, guide the group towards helping each other after completing their individual tasks. I also happily maintained the new school Library Service blog that I had created with the first OSC library gmail account. Thus, by undertaking new challenges and taking responsibility, I have planned and initiated the service sessions and have collaborated with my team. Also, with perseverance and commitment, I have developed new leadership skills such as rewarding hardwork, motivating team-spirit and most importantly, leading by example. I am also happy with the whole team as most students were present in the sessions and prepared to work.

I thank my team, Humza, and Mrs. Lockwood for wonderful service sessions this semester.

I hope to take all these useful skills and nice memories of 'Library Service' as I step into a new service activity next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment