Sunday, June 3, 2012

Action (May - 1st June) - Last, but not the end!

Badminton has become a regular part of my life. It has a reserved period in my weekend mornings and I take it very seriously. I enjoy the sport very much and am prepared mentally and physically to play at any given time :) The month of May has been packed with numerous highs and lows for me in my badminton sessions. Playing against far more experienced players than myself, I have been able to learn through the journey even though the results varied between wins, losses and many down to the wire matches.

This month, I played more doubles matches than usual in comparison to singles. I was puntual and committed in all sessions and collaborated and communicated well with other players, both inside and outside the court. My communication with my partners was key in many doubles matches where the opposition was recovering with surprises. However, minor new challenges were always part of the journey. These included difficulties during the matches such as judging the partners call when it may be wrong and reading each and every player's body language. 

The sports sessions this month especially motivated me this month as at the ends of matches, I was always able to share and celebrate the spirit of sportsmanship with other players. This may not really be considered a new skill, however, sportsmanship is crucial for one's growth, both as a player and a human. Also, it is the best way in which players share each others experience and learn from each other. Hence, the moral of sports will always be preserved within me as considering ethical implications associated with learning from the game and fellow players, primarily summarised by the term sportsmanship.

On the other hand, I was unable to attend swimming sessions this month due to the short preparation time remaining before the examinations in the last week of May.

This month marks the end to all the Action in this school year. However, I will continue to participate regularly in badminton. Also, I will resume my swimming schedule and enjoy the sessions during the summer break.

No comments:

Post a Comment