Sunday, June 3, 2012

Creativity (May - 2nd June) - Guitar - No breaks needed when having fun!

This month, due to various holidays such as Poya day and Victory day, my weekly Saturday guitar class schedule was altered slightly. I had a single class in the first weekend, a double class in the second weekend, no class in the third weekend, and a single class in the third weekend. I punctually attended all the classes and was able to spend at least 1-2 hours per week for practice even though the dark clouds of exams were shadowing my time schedule. The main reason for this was that I enjoy playing the guitar and thus, spent my breaks practicing. Hence, I am wholeheartedly committed to becoming a nice and independent guitarist with the help of regular practice.

In my classes in May, I mainly learnt two new techniques. These were: using familiar chords while playing classical notation to play fluently, and using bass guitar chords and chord progressions for 'beginners' improvisation. I have been able to keep up with these and am satisfied with my progress.

As this month marks the end of Semester 2, this school year's Creativity programme (a part of CAS) also comes to a close. However, I am not going to miss any of my enjoyable guitar sessions during the two month summer, and am additionally planning to practice more in order to become a confident guitarist, strong enough to take part in school programmes next year. Also, I will be performing in a second programme with my guitar class peers during the summer and will be working towards that as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment